Hello Beauties, Elisha and Anna here. We have been getting a lot of requests on tips and tricks of the health and fitness world. We are both certified personal trainers and have years of experience from our own personal journeys. So we have decided to commit to at LEAST once a week blogging to give you all the scoop from the inside of our personal lives, workouts, healthy eating tricks, and much more. For today’s tips and tricks, we will be giving 5 simple steps that will help you get started in your health and fitness journey and what can help you keep chugging along on that little track of yours. First and foremost, remember this is your track and your car will move at a different speed than others, but that is the beauty of the journey. It’s yours to create. 1. FOOD LOGGING
- Log every single thing you put into your body. This is a great way to keep track of your calories and nutritional intake. This is also a huge eye opener as to what you are actually putting into that body of yours. The most important key in any health and fitness journey is nutrition. Logging your food will help you find healthier options and figure out what healthy clean foods will work best to fit into your day. Eating small meals every few hours to keep your metabolism on track is best, never let your tummy growl at you. Remember to start with the most important meal of the day, BREAKFAST! A great tool to log your daily intake is the MY FITNESS PAL APP available on all smart phones and online.
– It may take a few weeks, months, or even years to find what fitness activity you are passionate about. You don’t need to figure it right away, but when you do, you will know. However, there is one thing that does not change rather you like what you’re doing or not, and that is the time you do it. It is important to pick a time that you know will work for you. Try to fit in at least 30 minutes of some sort of exercise activity into your day. For some people they’ll have to wake up at 4am, and some have to stay up to 12am, and others run around their work building during their lunch break. What ever time you can find you need to pick it and stick to it. Consistency is a big key in your health and fitness routines.
3. PROGRESS STATS
– One thing that does not lie are numbers, you may not be entering all your food intake into you log but once it comes time to do measurements they will tell you the truth. We don’t recommend weighing yourself daily, but we do recommend it once and month, every four weeks take all your body measurements. If you are staying on track with your workouts and your nutrition then you should see those numbers improving. Take before and after photos and compare them. Try to wear the same clothing little as possible (they are for your eyes only) and see your body changing as the weeks go by. Once you see the progress (give it time and be patient) you will stay motivated to keep going! Results are addicting :)
4. ACCOUNTABILITY – This is also important but first we must add that you need to be doing this for you and only you! You have to want this bad enough for yourself and your health. Accountability keeps you motivated. Find a fitness group online. The Flex it Pink Fitness group on Facebook is great. It’s a place where you are welcome to share your excitement and progress with others in the same pursuit to health and fitness. Instagram fitness accounts are also great to get motivation and encouragement from others. Make sure to hash tag all photos with #FlexitPink so we can encourage you along your journey. We love to hear from and see women making the commit to a healthy and fit lifestyle change. We we try not to miss any tagged photos on our Instagram account. Make sure to surround yourself with people who believe in you and want to see you reach our goals! When you have people around you that support you, they will be sure to keep you on track.
5. DO NOT COMPARE
– You will see that every person is different. Some people progress very fast, grow muscle very fast, run very fast, and lose weight very fast. What you don’t see is that someone is looking at you thinking the same thing. We all progress and improve at different speeds. The only person you need to be comparing yourself to, is the person who just took her before photos as we instructed in #3. Only compare yourself to that woman. Only compare your speed, your miles, your muscle progress, your weight loss, and your measurements to that woman. There is a difference in being inspired by others and comparing yourself to others. Those women are working just as hard to beat that old woman they once were. Always remember you are beautiful, you deserve this, and you CAN and WILL do this. NEVER GIVE UP!!!
We have a lot more tips for you coming soon, we hope this is a great start to many of our beauties who were asking for tips on starting out. We have members of the Flex it Pink community that come in every level and form of fitness. It’s never too late to start. We all started somewhere. We support every single woman in their pursuit to health, happiness, and fitness. We will be working very hard to get some workouts up for those who need a little more guidance in the gym or at home, along with some menu ideas and nutrition tips. Stay tuned in beauties we will post in our social media when our blog posts are up. We hope you all have a STRONG DAY XOXO Flex it Pink Elisha & Anna