Posted on July 08 2017
How to Make Yourself a Priority- Today!
As women, we sometimes have a hard time making ourselves a priority in our lives. We are pulled in so many directions with all the demands of life. Do you find yourself saying “I can’t….” or “I don’t have time to…” more often than you would like? Instead of saying “I can’t” or “I don’t have time” say “That’s not a priority.” It changes the whole perspective! It forces you to realize that YOU are in control and that you have the power to set your priorities.
It can be scary to admit that you have control over your life and your time- it can be a complete mind shift. But it can also be very liberating feeling, and that is our wish for you.
It is not selfish to make yourself a priority. Say that out loud. It is not selfish to make myself a priority. As you do things that feed your soul, you will have more time, energy, and love to give.
Here is a list of ideas of things you can do to make yourself more of a priority in your life. Pick just one thing a day to give yourself a little love.
- Get enough sleep, either with a nap, going to bed early, or sleeping in
- Drink enough water
- Treat yo’ self (responsibly) by buying yourself something! (have you checked out the FIP monthly boxes??)
- Set boundaries with toxic people
- Delegate responsibilities to your spouse, children, co-workers, etc.
- Write down a list of things you love and make time for at least one each day
- Make a vision board or quotes on your mirror to remind you
- Clean your space- not because you feel like you should, but because you want to be in a place that makes you feel happy
- Meditate or do yoga
- Read a chapter from your favorite book
- Go on a nature walk
- Bubble bath
- Leave yourself love notes on post-its that you can find later, or in all of your coats/ pockets
- Go explore a new place or try a new restaurant
- Surround yourself with supportive people that can be your cheerleaders (Tribe)
- Call a friend that you haven’t talked to in awhile
- Put on comfy clothes and watch your favorite chick-flick. Order a pizza and eat your favorite flavor of ice cream.
- Color in a coloring book
- Turn the music up and have a dance party
- Write a gratitude journal
You’ve got this beautiful girl! We know how amazing you are and we hope you know it too! Hit us up on social media and let us root for you as you do your everyday incredible things! You are our hero!
Anna & Elisha