My Cart

Close
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS

How to Make and Keep Your New Years Resolutions

Posted on January 06 2019

A new year can bring new beginnings, and the desire to set goals and resolutions for the coming year. It can be an exciting time of the year to use the New Year as a reason to lose weight, work out more, eat healthy, or whatever your goal might be. However, if you’re like most Americans, 80% of us give up on our resolutions by February. So what are the other 20% of people doing to accomplish their goals? Here are a few tips to help you keep your New Years resolutions, or any goals throughout the year.

  1. Make them Realistic

Be honest with yourself and what you can accomplish. In an ideal world we would all have time for everything, but that’s not how life is, and you have to be understanding with yourself and your limitations. While going to the gym 4x a week may be unrealistic for you, spending 10-15 minutes working out at home may be more realistic. There are some at home workouts listed here if you need them. Remember, any amount of forward progress is still progress, it doesn’t have to be overnight.

  1. Find an Accountability Partner

Having someone there with you to help you accomplish your goals can make all the difference. They will become your cheerleader, along with your accountability partner. They will be the ones keeping you honest about your goal, and will be there working with you to accomplish their own. You don’t have to tackle your resolutions by yourself! If you are in need of a partner the Flex it Pink Fitness Group is a great start to connect with over 3,000 women.

  1. Realize it’s Okay to Not be Perfect

It’s okay to not reach your goals all the time. It's okay to stumble, have set backs, or have a hard time. That's a reality of life. You need to remember that it’s okay to be human and miss days or make mistakes. The important part is getting back on track. It’s okay to get sick, or get busy. Just get back to your goals as soon as you can! 

  1. Make Sub Goals, and Smaller, Specific goals

Large goals or vague goals can be overwhelming. When deciding what goals you want to make them specific, and make them attainable. Instead of making a goal of wanting to work out more, make it more specific of I want to work out three times a week, and then make it even more specific with the amount of time.  By creating smaller or sub goals, and more specific goals, you are able to gauge your progress more, and your goal is that much more attainable. Figure out what your goal is and how to break it down into smaller, more manageable goals. 

  1. Realize it’s about the journey, not the destination

Making resolutions or goals, isn’t about the destination or reaching your goal, but instead is about the journey you’re taking to reach them. Personal growth happens along the way, not at the end. Keep that in mind if you aren’t seeing the results you want, or aren’t making the progress you thought you would. You are still so much further than you were when you began, and that’s what it is all about. 

2019 can be the year you make the positive change you have been wanting to see. You just have to make the choice to make a change, and stick with it. Don’t be afraid to make some goals, and see what you can discover and learn about yourself along the way. You might just like the person you become! 

XOXO,

Kathleen Egan, FIP Ambassador 2018/2019

You can learn more about this badass babe on Instagram @womenwhorollbjj visit her website at http://www.womenwhoroll.com/about-me/ or on Facebook. We just love everything this beautiful woman stands for. Supporting women on and off the mat. 

 

1 comment

  • Michelle Yanik: January 11, 2019

    Good Reminders, thank you! and I love the 5th point," It about the journey, not the destination!"

Leave a comment

All blog comments are checked prior to publishing

Join our Mailing List

Sign up to receive our daily email and get 50% off your first purchase.

My Cart

Subtotal: $0.00

Your cart is currently empty.