Our Favorite Healthy On-The-Go Recipes
ANNA'S STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
4 red bell peppers cut in half and de-seeded
– 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
– 1 cup of cooked brown rice
– 1 shredded zucchini
– Grated broccoli
– Minced garlic
– Diced mushrooms
– 1 can of tomato sauce
– Optional: Cheese (feta or sharp cheddar cheese)
Cook the turkey and season it with whatever you like (I use salt-free seasonings), adding in the minced garlic. Once turkey meat is cooked add veggies and cook a little longer on medium heat. After the turkey cooks for a couple minutes, add a can of tomato sauce and cooked brown rice (I cook mine in the rice cooker), then mix all together. Add a heaping spoon full of mixture into bell peppers and top with cheese or your liking. Cook at 400 degrees for 20 mins or until the cheese is melted and browned. Enjoy!
ELISHA'S TURKEY MEATLOAF
I love this meal because it’s quick, easy, and I can shred as much veggies as I want into the dish and the kids don’t bat an eye.
– 2 lbs of lean ground turkey
– 2 shredded zucchinis (I use the cheese grater)
– 1 cup of milk or almond milk
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs of your choice
– Add salt and pepper if needed
– Optional: Add cubes of 2% cheese to make cheesy loaf Mix in a large mixing bowl. Then spread into large baking dish (optional: add a thin layer of ketchup to the top) and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
FLEX IT PINK CHICKEN KABOBS
– Chicken breast marinated in zesty Italian dressing
– Yellow onion
– Bell pepper
Grill to perfection.
FLEX IT PINK TURKEY MUFFINS
Call us crazy but the word "MUFFINS" just makes these taste so much better! Very low carbs and high in protein!
– 2 lbs of lean ground turkey
– 6 cups of baby spinach
– 2 egg whites
– A splash of almond milk
Season to your liking and then bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Also, great for on the go snacks and meals!
FLEX IT PINK QUINOA JUNK
– 1 cup of quinoa
– 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
– 1 teaspoon of cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned pepper
– 1 can of corn
– 1 can of low sodium black beans
– 1 teaspoon of olive oil
– 1 tbsp. of minced garlic
Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes. Chop and pan-fry chicken breast with a 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and a little season pepper to taste. Mix all together and it looks like a bunch of delicious junk. Estimated: 400 calories per serving.
FLEX IT PINK PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
– Portobello mushrooms
– 2% natural low fat mozzarella cheese (just a enough to melt on top, not very much)
– Baby spinach
Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Perfect as appetizers for the holidays or a yummy side dish!
PROTEIN BROWNIE BALLS
– 1 cup almonds or walnuts
– 1/4 cup quick oats
– 1 tbsp. baking soda
– 1/3 cup stevia
– 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tbsp. water
– 1 cup raisins
– Optional: 1 scoop chocolate protein
– Optional: 1 tbsp. cocoa in the raw
Blend raisins, nuts and oats in blender. Add remaining ingredients. Roll into balls and enjoy!!
SWEET POTATO PINK DESSERT
Here’s a Flex it Pink Dessert idea for you using sweet potatoes.
– Heat up sweet potatoes in a plastic bag with a little water in microwave. Steam them until soft.
– Cut in half and slice potatoes with a knife and spray "I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter" on top.
– Drizzle honey on top and then sprinkle on cinnamon and brown sugar.
– Lightly mash up potatoes - mixing in the middle - then add a little more brown sugar on top.
PUMPKIN PROTEIN MUFFINS
- 1 cup of natural almond meal
- 1 cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Pumpkin Pure
- 2 scoops vanilla protein
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Stevia
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
OATMEAL BANANA COOKIES
Only 3 ingredients needed
– 2 over-ripe bananas
– 1 cup oats
– 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips or raisins
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes