Posted on October 23 2018
Halloween is here!!!! Which means sweets, sweets and more sweets! Which also means we've officially entered the holiday season that surrounds us with the most delicious treats. Don't worry! It’s still totally possible to enjoy this candy-filled day in a healthy way along with the rest of the holidays!
From breakfast to dinner to dessert, we’ve found a few festive ideas to give you and your family a fun and yummy Halloween!
Breakfast: Spooky Eye Pumpkin Pancakes
- Try Birch Benders Protein Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix
- Add Banana Slices to the Top of Cooked Pancakes
- Top Slices with Single Blueberries to form Spooky Eyes
Lunch: Frankenstein Smoothie Bowl
- Blend Together 1 Cup of Spinach, 2 Frozen Bananas, and ½ a Mango
- Place Smooth Mixture in a Clear Glass/Jar with a Frankenstein Face Drawn on it
- Completely Cover the Top of the Bowl with Blueberries
- Optional (Add Protein Powder to Mixture)
Snack: Ghost Cheese, Crackers, and Green Grapes
- Using Small Ghost Cookie Cutters, Cut Sliced Cheese into Ghost Shapes
- Buy Crackers of Choice and Place on Platter with Ghost Cutouts
- Decorate with Green Grapes
Dinner: Stuffed Jack O’Lantern Peppers
- 4 Orange Bell Peppers
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Shredded Zucchini
- Grated Broccoli
- Minced Garlic
- Diced Mushrooms
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers, washing and hollowing out the insides. Using a small paring knife, cut out Jack O’Lantern faces on each of the peppers. Place in cooking dish.
- Cook the turkey meat, seasoning as you please with the minced garlic. Once the meat is cooked, add veggies and keep on medium heat. Add tomato sauce and cooked brown rice, mixing all ingredients together.
- Place hot mixture into peppers and top with cheese. Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
Dessert: Candy Corn Fruit Delight
- Cut Pineapple into Cubes and Place at the Bottom of a Clear Glass Filling ⅓ of Container
- Cut Cantaloupe into Cubes and Place on top of Pineapple Filling another ⅓ of Glass
- Add Cool Whip to the Top of the Fruit
- Place a Decorative Candy Corn on Top