Summertime Squat Challenge
As we enter June the temperature may be rising, but this month we're droppin it low for our summertime squats! 🍑
This challenge is going to work out your lower body to strengthen those quads, hamstrings, calves, and glutes with all of these squats! Print out the sheet below and check it off as you complete your squats each day! Post a post-squat selfie, or a time lapse of you knocking these out in our Facebook group to encourage others to keep up with the challenge!
Tips & Tricks:
- Pick a time each day you plan on completing your squats. It could be first thing in the morning, later on during your workout, or spread out throughout the day. The first few days shouldn't take too long, but when you get into the 30+ squat range, it's good to have a game plan!
- Use a timer! There are a bunch of free timer apps you can use, or you can just keep an eye on the stopwatch. You can either do 1 squat on a set interval (so 1 squat every 4 seconds until you get to your goal). Or you could do something like 5 or 10 squats every minute. This will also help you keep track of what number you're at!
- Don't underestimate the power of stretching! Since we're targeting the same muscles each day, it'll be important to stretch after each squat session to keep from tightening up.
- Do your squats during a set activity. Knock these squats our while you're watching TV, waiting for your morning coffee to brew, or my personal favorite, while you're outside waiting for your dog to do their business 🐶
- There's more than one way to squat! To break up your squats, you can perform a few different variations. You can have your feet be narrow or wide, you could jump up and tap something after each squat, or you could even throw a ball to a partner or bounce it off the wall each time. Small variations like these will help them go by faster, I promise!
I'll attach the printable version below, I recommend printing out and and hanging it somewhere visible (like on your fridge or bathroom mirror). Cross off every day you complete and give yourself a big high five every time you do!